Pages

Monday 7 December 2015

The things you say

Submitted by Ally Grace

There are lots of things you, and people like you, say. To me, and to people like me.

"Use your words."
(But, I can't.)

"Whats wrong with you?!"
(I don't know; everything I guess.)

"Come on, it's not that hard."
(It is though.)

"Show some respect!"
(But, you don't respect me.)

"You selfish girl!"
(Basic needs are selfish?)

"Why are you doing this to me?"
(I'm not.)

"What did I do to deserve this?"
(I don't know.)

"You stupid girl!"
(I just don't understand.)

"See what I have to put up with?!"
(I'm sorry for who I am.)

(And I'm not the only one.)

**************************************

And when you, and people like you, say:
"Walk In My Shoes! Just for a day, then you'll see. Then you can judge. Then you'll understand. " When you say that, I shudder. I grimace. I am afraid. I don't want to hear it any more. I don't want to hear the facade that "Shoes!" Is. It's so fake, so predictable, so repeated. So staged.

I know you'd hurt me and still yell "Shoes!" as though it's a defence. You'd abuse me in all manner of ways and would have nought to say except "Shoes!" You'd even kill me and we'd all just hear "Shoes! Shoes! Walk in my shoes!"

And I know that not too many care for the shoes that I walk in, the shoes that I'm abused in, the shoes that I've cried in, the shoes that I've hated myself in.

I know, that disabled shoes don't count.